WELCOME SEEKER

WELCOME SEEKER

Welcome to the Book-of-Light, where information illuminates awareness. However, be warned.. once you know, you cannot un-know!

VIDEO LIBRARY

VIDEO LIBRARY

We've curated an eclectic collection of mind-blowing videos over the years!

Read more
ARCHIVED FORUMS

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Interesting people, sharing experiences on some out-of-this-world subjects. 2008-2012...

Read more
The Illusion of Choice: Ninety Percent of American Media Controlled by Six Corporations Gallery of Giants Ebook: The Book of Giants – Dead Sea Scrolls Illuminations Ancient Mysteries of Sound Levitation by Kathy J. Forti Video: The Real Story of Christmas Documentary Video: The Real Story of Halloween HD – History Channel Ebook: Egyptian Book of the Dead Ebook: The Lost Book of Enki – Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God Video: The Universe Space Time Mystery | Mathematical Science Documentary HD Video: Vedic Cosmos – Full Documentary Video: Buckminster Fuller – Thinking Out Loud (1996) Documentary Video: The Buckminster Fuller / Edward Leedskalnin Connection Edward Leedskalnin – The Mysterious Magnetic Coral Castle a Broken Heart Built Ebook: The Lost Journals of Nikola Tesla – 20th Century Genius Video: Nikola Tesla’s Life – New Documentary Full Ebook: The inventions, researches and writing of Nikola Tesla Video: The Connected Universe – Nassim Haramein Video: UNGRIP (From the creators of Esoteric Agenda and KYMATICA) Ebook: The Book of Enoch – The Secret Old Testament Book Ebook: The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean Videos: Aleshenka – A Tiny Creature Found in Russia The Mysterious Georgia Guidestones – 10 Shocking Commandments Set in Stone in 1980 Book-of-Light.com STAR of LIGHT The Return of the Annunaki – Gillian DeArmond-Green Video: Secrets of Water, The Movie Video Series: Ancient Aliens – Full Series Video: Guided Astral Projection Technique Meditation Ebook: Be Here Now The Charge of the Goddess The Lake of Fire That Men Built Tantra and Taoist Cosmic Connection Video: ONE STEP BEYOND AND THE SACRED MUSHROOM Building A Post-Chaos Community Video: UFO: The Greatest Story Ever Denied Life’s True Beginnings Video: Urantia Book on “Strange Universe” Making the Connection Between Spirituality & Creativity The Four-Fold Path to Enlightenment The Hynek Classification System Ebook: Designing Our Future – The Venus Project Video: Why in the World are They Spraying? (Chemtrails, Geoengineering) Video: Kymatica Renewable Energy Directory Self Confidence & Inner Self Worth Video: THRIVE – What on Earth Will it Take? *MOST IMPORTANT FILM ON EARTH* The Zeitgeist Movement FREE DOWNLOAD! 4th Chakra – Green Open Heart Bliss 528hz & 639hz http://t.co/VZWQK5sJ Law of One / RA Material Forgotten In Time: The Ancient Solfeggio Frequencies Video: Zeitgeist II – Addendum Ebook: Oahspe – A Very Weird New Bible (1828-1891) Communicate Telepathically with Animals Techniques for Soul Growth Every person has within them…A Song of Life…Each of us know we have a song. A beautiful vibration within as a reminder of our essence… Video: Nassim Haramein – Crossing The Event Horizon part 4 of 4 Master Mayan Tzolkin Calendar The Messianc Complex Video: The Big Picture by George Green Video: Human Genetics Manipulated – Human Origins Intro Ebook: Out of the Matrix Video: *Quantum Physics* The Reality As You Know It Does Not Exist Authentic Sacred Jewelry and Talismans Ebook: Messages for the Ground Crew Jonathan Goldman – Holy Harmony Homeland Security Checkpoint "Those who are hardest to Love, need Love the most" – The Peaceful Warrior The Truth about Vitamin D Video: Zeitgeist I: The Movie Remastered Version Key to the Gnosis Video: The Freedom Movie 2: A Spiritual Awakening (1 of 14) 13 Moon Mayan Galactic Calendar Date Decoder Video: Beyond 2012: Evolving Perspectives on the Next Age Unconditional Love OMMM Reiki MI – Healing on All Levels Winston Shrout – Solutions In Commerce Thoughts, Words & Deeds aligned is total CONGRUENCY… Total Congruency = Powerful Manifestation of Goals Ebook: The Book of Light: The Nature of God, The Structure of Consciousness and the Universe Within You Codex Alimentarius…Bills C-51 and C-52 and C-6 Canadian Implementations of the CODEX ideals -Become Aware, be FREE to choose Implications of Oneness Sustainable Earth Friendly Living About Awakenings Does DNA Have Telepathic Properties? Thought Therapy Avoiding Victimhood Video Library: What About Me? Consult the Sabian Oracle The Magnificent You Inner Child Meditation About Love – Happy Valentines Day! XO LΦVE H20 Festival June 19th – 21st, 2009 – The Historic Summer Solstice Celebration & Concert For The Living Water Video: Gnarls Barkley – Crazy The Science of Oneness – Is Current Science Incomplete? many happy returns echoes Winter Solstice celebrations: a.k.a. Christmas, Saturnalia, Yule, the Long Night, etc. Ebook: Monroe Techniques for Astral Projection Ebook: The Astral Body & Other Astral Phenomena Ebook: 66 Astral Projection Exit Techniques Ebook: Secret Guide to Instant Astral Projection Ebook: Astral Projection – The Complete Guide

Home Forums Spirituality Matters Religion & Spirituality favorite prayers

• This topic has 7 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    opalescent

Words are powerful tools of manifestation. This thread is intended as a place to share the prayers, incantations, and such that ring of truth for you. May they benefit all. Please share!

opalescent

This, Pasayadan, was written by the Indian saint Jnaneshwar, who left the planet at age 22 in the year 1296, leaving with us a brilliant commentary on the Bhagavad Gita (called Jnaneshwari. These are the closing verses of that work:

PASAYADAN

The Gift of Divine Grace

1. May the Self of the universe be pleased with this sacrifice of words and bestow His grace on me.

2. May the sinners no longer commit evil deeds, may their desire to do good increase, and may all beings live in harmony with one another.

3. May the darkness of sin disappear, may the world see the rising of the sun of righteousness, and may the desires of all creatures be satisfied.

4. May everyone keep the company of saints devoted to God, who will shower their blessings on them.

5. Saints are walking gardens filled with wish-fulfilling trees, and they are living villages of wish-fulfilling gems. Their words are like oceans of nectar.

6. They are moons without blemish and suns without heat. May these saints be the friends of all people.

7. May all beings in all the worlds be filled with joy, and may they worship God forever.

8. May all those for whom this book is their very life be blessed with success in this world and the next.

9. Then, Nivrittinath, the great Master said that this blessing will be granted. This brought great joy to Jnaneshwar.

GTTOWNSEND

I am the child of the Universe.
    She puts her almighty protection around me.
    I am free from accidents , death , sickness.
    I am now shining with golden light from top to toe.
    I am her protected child , and She is my shield.
    The winds shall aid my progress.
    Water shall cleanse me from fear.
    Fire will purify my doubts.
    And the Earth shall nourish me to health.
    All is well , all is well , all is well.

-Zsuzsanna E. Budapest

UFOBelieve

I just quickly want to add what GT also mentioned somewhere earlier, I think it originated in one of Opal’s channelings. Just want to add it to the list.

After waking up, still half-asleep, say “May there be Love and Joy for every being on every world this day and forever.”
    And right behind it something like “Today I want to help someone, I intend to be part of the force that changes this world for the better and achieves Love and Joy for every being everywhere.”

Haha something like this. 😆

jamwolfsky

Gayatri mantra

Om Bhoor Bhuvah Swaha

Tat Savitur Varennyam

Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi

Dhiyo Yo Nah Prachodayat

Oh God! thou art the giver of life
    Remover of pain and sorrow
    The bestower of happiness
    Oh Creator of the universe
    May we receive thy supreme sin-destroying light
    May thou guide our intellect in the right direction

[youtube:5nak79vy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty2XLidTzfc[/youtube:5nak79vy]

opalescent

Thank you, James, UFO and Greg!

Here’s another version of the Gayatri mantra, from Deva Premal and Miten, including a short intro talk to a group:
    [youtube:3i0w6v79]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnneFgVaCCI[/youtube:3i0w6v79]

The Gayatri mantra and this, the Mrityunjaya mantra, have rescued me many times:

Om Tryambakam yajamahe,
    Sugandhim pushti vardhanam,
    Urvarukamiva bandhanan,
    Mrityor mukshiya Mamritat.

Translation

OM. We worship and adore you, O three-eyed one, O Shiva. You are sweet gladness, the fragrance of life, who nourishes us, restores our health, and causes us to thrive. As, in due time, the stem of the cucumber weakens, and the gourd is freed from the vine, so free us from attachment and death, and do not withhold immortality.

Here is a version chanted by Karunamayi, who taught it to me.
    [youtube:3i0w6v79]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPtGyRmJfJw[/youtube:3i0w6v79]

With practice, neither of these prayers is difficult to learn.

Ricky

oh lord, the Karunamayi chant has made me want to go to india and do satsang or something, i am feeling holy indeed! i will leave it running while i do housework.thank you guys for the above

jamwolfsky

If you love water and the sea, the Narayana Moola Mantra is wonderful. Narayana:one who abodes in water and provider of all. These beautiful water vibrations take me back to Atlantis.

Om Namo Narayana

[youtube:2nknmqlz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ3ybBCX3S8[/youtube:2nknmqlz]

UFOBelieve

Maybe this doesn’t quite fit the topic. I don’t want to add another one to the list but say again how extreeemely awesome this little line “today I want to (or will) help someone” is. (After all the topic is called ‘favourite prayers’. ;D)
    It’s really…. awesome beyond any belief. It’s just… oh my.

I do it every day I remember to do it during waking up, of course sometimes I just think about other things and forget to do it, but every time I do it.. something VERY AWESOME happens on that day. I can’t overstress this enough … it’s totally MAGIC!!

Yesterday I also did it, and on the same day I was going to drive home to my parents. I thought something like “not sure how I am supposed to help them, but we’ll see”.
    My father was so happy to see me that he suggested we drink something. ^^ We got a little drunk and had one of the most awesome discussions ever, but that’s not the point. My mother was also with us and… as strange as this sounds, I know it does … I helped her understand one of the BIGGEST questions she had about humankind and God. I don’t want to go into detail here, it’s a little private, but OH MY, she was really afraid of this thing, and I kinda told her she doesn’t have to be afraid of it and why and .. well this and that.

I really want to STRONGLY suggest this to anyone.
    If you really ask yourself how you can do (seemingly) LITTLE things with a BIG result in the end.. do this prayer when you awake each morning. Maybe you won’t see the effect in the first two days or so, because there’s always the possibility that you help someone without noticing it. But I can even sense a difference in the whole day after I did the prayer.. something feels different, you just live that day in service to others, you lay your focus of the day on doing others a favor, explaining something to them or .. don’t know.. simply helping them in whatever way.

Alright I just wanted to add this, suggest this to anyone and.. Thank you SO much my dear Opal for telling me about this. It’s extreeemeely simple and just so extreeeeeeeeemely effective!!!!

Will

…Mother forgive us…

…for we know not what we do…

Will

…dear Jesus…

…save us from your followers…

GTTOWNSEND

This is really more an affirmation than a prayer , but…….

The thought manifests as the word;
    The word manifests as the deed;
    The deed develops into habit;
    A habit hardens into character.
    So watch the thought and its ways with care,
    And let it spring from love
    Born out of concern for all beings.

-The Buddha

Ricky

@Will wrote:

…dear Jesus…

i cant say how much that made me laugh, that was an inspired prayer if ever i heard one, but i think JC is turing a blind eye to that one..

jamwolfsky

Thank you Gttownsend, beautiful words of the Buddha, on thoughts of love cultivated day after day. When we see hate and the state of the world and realise it all started because of thoughts of duality, we can imagine what world we can create with thoughts naturally originating with ease and grace from love(nothing to do with brainwashing positive thinking 🙂 ).

This is a comment from Chih-I, chinese master( six centurie ad) describing the fruits of observing the dharma in meditation.

With more observation, there is more clarity(illumination).
    With more calm, there is more serenity. It is like a diligent archer, who, with practice, has an ever more accurate aim.
    There is no contradiction between one’s spiritual life and one’s worldly livelihood to sustain oneself, and one ‘s thoughts and speculation about Boddhi are as previously taught in the Sutra.

UFOBelieve

@Will wrote:

…dear Jesus…

@GTTOWNSEND wrote:

This is really more an affirmation than a prayer , but…….

The thought manifests as the word;
    The word manifests as the deed;
    The deed develops into habit;
    A habit hardens into character.
    So watch the thought and its ways with care,
    And let it spring from love
    Born out of concern for all beings.

-The Buddha

Oh my God both of them are totally awesome!!!!
    Each of them in its own way. 😉 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.