WELCOME SEEKER

WELCOME SEEKER

Welcome to the Book-of-Light, where information illuminates awareness. However, be warned.. once you know, you cannot un-know!

VIDEO LIBRARY

VIDEO LIBRARY

We've curated an eclectic collection of mind-blowing videos over the years!

Read more
ARCHIVED FORUMS

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Interesting people, sharing experiences on some out-of-this-world subjects. 2008-2012...

Read more
The Illusion of Choice: Ninety Percent of American Media Controlled by Six Corporations Gallery of Giants Ebook: The Book of Giants – Dead Sea Scrolls Illuminations Ancient Mysteries of Sound Levitation by Kathy J. Forti Video: The Real Story of Christmas Documentary Video: The Real Story of Halloween HD – History Channel Ebook: Egyptian Book of the Dead Ebook: The Lost Book of Enki – Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God Video: The Universe Space Time Mystery | Mathematical Science Documentary HD Video: Vedic Cosmos – Full Documentary Video: Buckminster Fuller – Thinking Out Loud (1996) Documentary Video: The Buckminster Fuller / Edward Leedskalnin Connection Edward Leedskalnin – The Mysterious Magnetic Coral Castle a Broken Heart Built Ebook: The Lost Journals of Nikola Tesla – 20th Century Genius Video: Nikola Tesla’s Life – New Documentary Full Ebook: The inventions, researches and writing of Nikola Tesla Video: The Connected Universe – Nassim Haramein Video: UNGRIP (From the creators of Esoteric Agenda and KYMATICA) Ebook: The Book of Enoch – The Secret Old Testament Book Ebook: The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean Videos: Aleshenka – A Tiny Creature Found in Russia The Mysterious Georgia Guidestones – 10 Shocking Commandments Set in Stone in 1980 Book-of-Light.com STAR of LIGHT The Return of the Annunaki – Gillian DeArmond-Green Video: Secrets of Water, The Movie Video Series: Ancient Aliens – Full Series Video: Guided Astral Projection Technique Meditation Ebook: Be Here Now The Charge of the Goddess The Lake of Fire That Men Built Tantra and Taoist Cosmic Connection Video: ONE STEP BEYOND AND THE SACRED MUSHROOM Building A Post-Chaos Community Video: UFO: The Greatest Story Ever Denied Life’s True Beginnings Video: Urantia Book on “Strange Universe” Making the Connection Between Spirituality & Creativity The Four-Fold Path to Enlightenment The Hynek Classification System Ebook: Designing Our Future – The Venus Project Video: Why in the World are They Spraying? (Chemtrails, Geoengineering) Video: Kymatica Renewable Energy Directory Self Confidence & Inner Self Worth Video: THRIVE – What on Earth Will it Take? *MOST IMPORTANT FILM ON EARTH* The Zeitgeist Movement FREE DOWNLOAD! 4th Chakra – Green Open Heart Bliss 528hz & 639hz http://t.co/VZWQK5sJ Law of One / RA Material Forgotten In Time: The Ancient Solfeggio Frequencies Video: Zeitgeist II – Addendum Ebook: Oahspe – A Very Weird New Bible (1828-1891) Communicate Telepathically with Animals Techniques for Soul Growth Every person has within them…A Song of Life…Each of us know we have a song. A beautiful vibration within as a reminder of our essence… Video: Nassim Haramein – Crossing The Event Horizon part 4 of 4 Master Mayan Tzolkin Calendar The Messianc Complex Video: The Big Picture by George Green Video: Human Genetics Manipulated – Human Origins Intro Ebook: Out of the Matrix Video: *Quantum Physics* The Reality As You Know It Does Not Exist Authentic Sacred Jewelry and Talismans Ebook: Messages for the Ground Crew Jonathan Goldman – Holy Harmony Homeland Security Checkpoint "Those who are hardest to Love, need Love the most" – The Peaceful Warrior The Truth about Vitamin D Video: Zeitgeist I: The Movie Remastered Version Key to the Gnosis Video: The Freedom Movie 2: A Spiritual Awakening (1 of 14) 13 Moon Mayan Galactic Calendar Date Decoder Video: Beyond 2012: Evolving Perspectives on the Next Age Unconditional Love OMMM Reiki MI – Healing on All Levels Winston Shrout – Solutions In Commerce Thoughts, Words & Deeds aligned is total CONGRUENCY… Total Congruency = Powerful Manifestation of Goals Ebook: The Book of Light: The Nature of God, The Structure of Consciousness and the Universe Within You Codex Alimentarius…Bills C-51 and C-52 and C-6 Canadian Implementations of the CODEX ideals -Become Aware, be FREE to choose Implications of Oneness Sustainable Earth Friendly Living About Awakenings Does DNA Have Telepathic Properties? Thought Therapy Avoiding Victimhood Video Library: What About Me? Consult the Sabian Oracle The Magnificent You Inner Child Meditation About Love – Happy Valentines Day! XO LΦVE H20 Festival June 19th – 21st, 2009 – The Historic Summer Solstice Celebration & Concert For The Living Water Video: Gnarls Barkley – Crazy The Science of Oneness – Is Current Science Incomplete? many happy returns echoes Winter Solstice celebrations: a.k.a. Christmas, Saturnalia, Yule, the Long Night, etc. Ebook: Monroe Techniques for Astral Projection Ebook: The Astral Body & Other Astral Phenomena Ebook: 66 Astral Projection Exit Techniques Ebook: Secret Guide to Instant Astral Projection Ebook: Astral Projection – The Complete Guide

Home Forums Messages From Beyond Book of Light Messengers Pleiadian Renegades Through Amanda R Ryan let the sunshine in / meeting the shadow

• This topic has 10 voices and 80 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    opalescent

@Ricky wrote:

there has been no work at the moment( first time in 4 years) and the outlook is not looking good till next year!!! as i am self employed things are starting to get a bit dodgey, and i am entering into “i am a dumb ass ” and “why is this happening to me” mode basically old fears are coming up and slight panic, so i guess this is a good time for introspection and maybe bring things to the light.

Ha ha, yeah, I’ve been there for the last couple of years myself! I’m working but not pumping out pulp fiction airport novels 😆 Same with hubby… we’ve learned a LOT about trusting things to work out, and they usually do! Just… keep… breathing…

Ricky

Damm right girl! its a good time to get the trust in the universe thing going and your powers of creation and then relax and allow, and as you say… breath…..

p.s i will buy your book when its done 😀

Annan

Why do this topic want me to fire up some lightworkers?? 😕 😯
    Don´t they have enough light as it is?

Much firecrakers :mrgreen:
    Annan the Nordic

Neiru2012

@opalescent wrote:

Do you not know what it is to have regret, grief, or addiction? Or any of the other host of human experiences and emotional anchors that weigh a person’s spirit from soaring, or hide from them the path to knowing their own divinity?

If I feel regret, grief, or addiction, I usually indulge in them until they burn themselves out. Indulging in them allows me to process them most efficiently and I get over them pretty quick. They don’t weigh me down because I don’t treat them as an enemy, but as a vital part of a full and rich spectrum of experience. I’ve never seen them as obstructing any sense of “divinity” I have. I see them as “divinity” feeling those emotions through me, one of its infinite expressions. I believe my “divinity” wants me to feel these things.
    @opalescent wrote:

I’m not saying darkness itself does that, but “personal demons” sure can.

See, calling them that just alienates them from integrating with your being. Maybe it’s helpful for some people to call them that, but I consider them yet another treasured part of me. They only cause trouble when you fear them, run away from them, fight them, or otherwise treat them as some kind of malignant cancer (and I think/hope this was also the point of your initial post). They are most benign and helpful when they are accepted as an integral part of a harmoniously functioning being.
    @opalescent wrote:

Granted, “divinity” is a vague term, perhaps, but please don’t get caught up in the semantics.

Oh I do, I do get caught up in the semantics. If semantics weren’t important, “Right Speech” wouldn’t be one of the main tenants of (the Eightfold Path of) Buddhism. Now, I don’t like “external verbal language”… it is a terribly inefficient form of communication that breeds more misunderstanding than not. But since most of us still depend on it as the primary form of sharing ideas, wording is important. Wording betrays our mental associations and subconscious thought patterns. For example, even if somebody professes to love the dark as much as the light, if they constantly use “dark” and “shadow” as metaphors for unlikable, uncomfortable, or even “evil” things, this (1) sends the subconscious message to the listeners “dark = bad” and (2) reinforces the symbolism of “dark = bad” in their own minds. It can not be overstated how much influence symbol/metaphor have on the subconscious.
    @opalescent wrote:

Will you use the time to point at the shadows and feed them your energy, or will you go silently within and look with fearless light-filled eyes upon them, bring them into the light of ever-darkening days and permit them to dissolve themselves into the love that knows no distinction between form?

This to me reads: “the dark doesn’t know love and is miserable. it needs light to come in and save it from itself.” To “bring them into the light” can easily be (mis?)interpreted as “change them into light.” Not saying that’s your intention… just saying that’s how it subjectively reads through my dark-friendly filter.
    @opalescent wrote:

It’s imperative to go into the dark closets where you’ve shoved all the stuff you don’t want to look at.

When you go into “the closet”, into your past experience for the purpose of healing, and drag out all the crap you’ve either misunderstood or put off dealing with or held onto proudly as a personal vindication of having endured some bad trip, as people tend to do, then you’re entering into the realm of The Dark, right?

Misunderstood experiences from the past left to sit tend to get dusty and dirty and… dark…

Here you have mental associations of “dark” with “stuff you don’t want,” “crap,” “bad trip,” and even “dirty.” Am I nitpicking? Ohh yes… but put enough of these into a post and they pack a powerful subconscious punch! I wouldn’t consider that second sentence in itself as entering the realm of the Dark. Unless you mean distorted Dark.
    @opalescent wrote:

…meaning the light of understanding (a universal metaphor) is hidden, occulted, darkened. Problems are dark when you close your eyes and refuse to look at them. However, the light of understanding is gained by going exactly there, to the dark places in one’s life experience.

This I would consider entering the realm of Dark, which is why your metaphor doesn’t work for me. “Light” as understanding, “Dark” as ignorance, doesn’t make sense to me at all (although I’m sure it does for some people). It is quite possible to see in the dark, and dark things are best understood by learning how to do that. Why not let your eyes adjust to the dark instead of complaining you can’t see and flooding it with highbeams? Shining light into the dark takes away visibility (any astronomer can tell you that). When you close your eyes and refuse to look at problems, that’s repression and denial – neither of which I would consider dark qualities.
    @Annan wrote:

I am sensing a little stigmatization against the “night owls” amongst us….what about those that feel comfortable in the dark? Feel natural in the dark? Like the dark?

I sense this stigmatization, too, which is why I speak up. I also feel comfortable in the dark, natural in the dark, like the dark… which is why these metaphors not only don’t resonate with me, but take on a condescending tone.
    @opalescent wrote:

Surely you don’t detest the light as strongly as you champion the dark? To me, they are merely stops along a continuum.

I’m fine with light as long as its “-workers” aren’t misusing it to oppress anyone (and yes, I see that often). I don’t champion the light because it has more than enough champions already. I believe the continuum you speak to be quite off-kilter in the spiritual community. That is why I try my best to provide counter-balance by championing darkness.
    @Ricky wrote:

Neiru..your darkside always leaves me delving into duality with deep thought, and i thank you. Cos at the end of the day duality seems to bind us.

Not sure what you mean, but you’re welcome. 😀

echo

@Ricky wrote:

Cos at the end of the day duality seems to bind us.

I would agree, duality is binding. If you limit your thinking to two separate, but equal forces, we tend to confine rather than expand. But in doing so we design a sense of balance. I would argue that what you call duality is equivalent to balance. Its very basic, adding weight to one side of the scale causes the other side to rise, cause and affect. A straightforward concept that is often used in philosophy. This type of symmetry is found everywhere and can help by identifying patterns in nature, the mind, and in spirituality. I’m sure there are those who feel they can tune in to this frequency and determine the direction the planet is headed. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but those who call themselves lightworkers or darkworkers believe they can manipulate this energy. But then again this is only one way to perceive things. You could always disregard such concepts of duality. For me it’s hard to break away from this type of thinking. It’s kind of a fail-safe, that way I can say, “Oh, this outcome happened because of this particular event. Cause and affect.” This way I’m in control or at least aware of my so called fate. “My teeth fell out because I never brushed them” I choose to believe in harmony, because to me it is the most reasonable alternative to ignorance. Though I claim to believe in this yin and yang approach to spirituality, there is a lot I do not know. Is it my view of balance that keeps me from expanding or freeing myself from mental limitation or is it my lack of understanding that binds my creative mind?

opalescent

Dang it all, I’m on a borrowed computer and it just ate all my replies I just typed, aargh! Alright, the brief response then…
    @Neiru2012 wrote:

@opalescent wrote:

Do you not know what it is to have regret, grief, or addiction? Or any of the other host of human experiences and emotional anchors that weigh a person’s spirit from soaring, or hide from them the path to knowing their own divinity?

If I feel regret, grief, or addiction, I usually indulge in them until they burn themselves out. Indulging in them allows me to process them most efficiently and I get over them pretty quick. They don’t weigh me down because I don’t treat them as an enemy, but as a vital part of a full and rich spectrum of experience. I’ve never seen them as obstructing any sense of “divinity” I have. I see them as “divinity” feeling those emotions through me, one of its infinite expressions. I believe my “divinity” wants me to feel these things.

Yes I agree. To deny the experience of feeling those things is to cheat oneself and prolong misery.

@opalescent wrote:

I’m not saying darkness itself does that, but “personal demons” sure can.

See, calling them that just alienates them from integrating with your being. Maybe it’s helpful for some people to call them that, but I consider them yet another treasured part of me. They only cause trouble when you fear them, run away from them, fight them, or otherwise treat them as some kind of malignant cancer (and I think/hope this was also the point of your initial post). They are most benign and helpful when they are accepted as an integral part of a harmoniously functioning being.

That’s why I use quotation marks. A lot people who haven’t faced their fragmented experiences see them as a source of something that needs to be medicated out of conscious awareness. This needs to be discussed for the benefit of all. Demons of any kind are teachers and thus, ultimately, friends. My whole intention of using these terms (most of which I know by now you will dissect, but they remain largely misunderstood in common parlance and so they need to be dissected) is to open up healing discussion. In becoming accustomed to the idea of exploring a fractured past, embracing the aspects of self that may be held in loathing, a sense of wholeness may be gained.

Oh I do, I do get caught up in the semantics.

Me too, but I wanted to stay as much on topic as I could manage for this thread. Metaphor is a universe unto itself, and a crowbar for consciousness like none other. So to speak. 😉 😆

Why not let your eyes adjust to the dark instead of complaining you can’t see and flooding it with highbeams?

:lol:, highbeams. A whole realm of light is gained by surrendering to the dark. I know I’m probably using these words in an infelicitous way, but I had it so perfect in the computer’s lunch… What I mean is yes, enter the dark, BE in it–I won’t say fearlessly, because if you have fear of it, be in the fear, too–and in being in the dark, in Dark, experiencing it, the true form of the Self is revealed, which cannot be gained by hunting for it in the daylight. There are universes within that cannot be discovered through a telescope, but by learning to see in the dark. Or more correctly, to “see” in the dark!

@Annan wrote:

I am sensing a little stigmatization against the “night owls” amongst us….what about those that feel comfortable in the dark? Feel natural in the dark? Like the dark?

I sense this stigmatization, too, which is why I speak up.

I hope this does not come from my writings here, and you are referring to a more cultural stigmatization, though to be honest I have felt at times like I have been misunderstood as one who does not appreciate or love the darkness. Just want to be clear on that. God knows I feel the stigmatization too, and I seek only to, as I said, open the discussion to be inclusive of those who are not conversant with themselves on that level.

I don’t champion the light because it has more than enough champions already. I believe the continuum you speak to be quite off-kilter in the spiritual community. That is why I try my best to provide counter-balance by championing darkness.

Thank you for saying that, Neiru 😀

Annan

I sense this stigmatization, too, which is why I speak up. I also feel comfortable in the dark, natural in the dark, like the dark… which is why these metaphors not only don’t resonate with me, but take on a condescending tone.

Neiru:
    And that is just lovely….my stomach gets a little upset, now and then…..when excess talk about and from lightworking(ers) – and the almost as if, built in, theorem of the dark forces – manipulating us in all ways, as if explained by conspiracy theories of different sort.

But hey, I am not putting my foot down for that – i recognize that as valuable, as the sun comming up every morning, and also moves down every evening. I embrace both the dark and the light as my eternal friends, and when I get am hurt – I do not get happy – I weep with satisfaction…..

[attachment=0:jsdckp9f]Black_and_White.jpg[/attachment:jsdckp9f]

Much love
    Annan the Nordic

Alusa

@opalescent wrote:

Exactly. I never ever ever say to move away from darkness but to move into it. Please understand that. The dark is where it’s at.

A light that drives away fear and welcomes hope? Light can only move the darkness around, not kill it I see that as shifting/hiding your fears to wherever the darkness moves. But I guess your speaking metaphorically about problems and not darkness.

@opalescent wrote:

I never ever ever said, and neither did the Pleiadians, to change the darkness into light… at least I don’t think so…

Some things that you/they said gave me that impression though again I can see now you were speaking metaphorically about problems and not darkness:

@opalescent wrote:

Will you use the time to point at the shadows and feed them your energy, or will you go silently within and look with fearless light-filled eyes upon them, bring them into the light of ever-darkening days and permit them to dissolve themselves into the love that knows no distinction between form?

@opalescent wrote:

Aspects of experience that hide in the closet of fear and shame. They’re dark because they’re shoved back behind all the clutter of memory. This is true on the individual level as well as the collective level. They’re in the dark, they appear dark. I think “demons” personal or otherwise get a bad rap, because they can impart a lot of illumination–meaning, we can learn a thing or two from them. It’s our own fear that makes them appear dark.

I understand you better after reading this.

@opalescent wrote:

…did what?

Said that problems = darkness, that’s where I was getting confused.

Its kinda funny all the things that can happen and can be implied when people mix metaphors in. Thanks for clearing up the confusion. Careful with those metaphors they can mis-convey.

opalescent

Opalescence is like that… as I am learning, as I go. There is always more… I’m so glad for the greater understanding 😀
    Peace!

jamwolfsky

Alusa, I don’t see light as moving darkness around, the concept of light and darkness is just a question of relative intensity. As Neiru said, you can adjust your vision to darkness like an owl and realise there is much light in darkness and much darkness in light.
    I see darkness even in the most blooming light and light is ever present in utter darkness.
    Imagine yourself plunged in a peaceful dark space and the sun rising. Can you precisely determine when darkness ceased and light appeared. This is impossible, because nothing appeared and nothing ceased, just a change in gradient. This is the secret of alchemy, you don’t turn led into gold, or gold into led, it is already there, it is just a question of gradient.
    Let the sunshine in/ melting the shadow is alchemy, the shadow won’t disappear neither will darkness.

If you won’t more on that you have Nagarjuna middleway stances, much appreciated but esoteric tibetans, the Dalai lama, and Zen vacuity meditators.
    Meteorite falling on Alberta, 20 NOV 2008
    [youtube:8qwcbe5n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAGHkEvkDU[/youtube:8qwcbe5n] [youtube:8qwcbe5n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSL3b6bCR7s[/youtube:8qwcbe5n]

Neiru2012

@jamwolfsky wrote:

I don’t see light as moving darkness around, the concept of light and darkness is just a question of relative intensity. As Neiru said, you can adjust your vision to darkness like an owl and realise there is much light in darkness and much darkness in light.

I appreciate your thoughts on gradient and the yin-yang nature of light-in-darkness and darkness-in-light. Everybody has both darkness and light, just as everybody is both male and female, but I just want to clarify by saying that is not what I meant in my post by “seeing in darkness.” I acknowledge that dark and light can express themselves as distinct energies that do move each other around, depending on intention and circumstance. It takes a different skill (or perhaps intention) to see in the dark than in the light. Although it is also theoretically impossible to see in pure dark or pure light since they are both blinding on their own… or, in my terms, pure light can’t see the dark and pure dark can’t see the light because they are on incompatible spectrums of reality. This has a lot to do with my unorthodox ideas about darkness, which I explain in another thread.

GTTOWNSEND

My friends , I have followed this thread for a while now , and hope to share a few thoughts.
    First off , I want to remind everyone of the name of this forum – the Book of Light. Not the Book of Dark. If you feel like you want to have a Book of Dark forum , please feel free. I would love to visit there. However , this is the Book of Light.
    Now , having said that , I see Light as and Dark as simply the Ying and Yang of creation. I believe that to FULLY experience one , you have to have the other. Neither is right or wrong. Most Lightworkers I have had the experience of discussing these things with see Dark as a lack of information , or awareness. I feel that is a very limiting description. All this tip-toeing around about what word means what , and who offended who is getting a bit tedious for me. I realize that we are all here at BoL to share , to learn , and to grow together. But when I see one moderator tell another to watch what they say , I feel as if that is going a little too far. We are here because we DONT have to watch what we say , as one does on most other forums ( like David Wilcock’s , which I have been a member of since 1999 , but I do not post there anymore because of moderator censorship). A woman such as Opal , who has so lovingly provided us with wonderful channeled messages , let alone the personal help she has given to me , well , I say , to Opal “SAY WHATEVER YOU FEEL SISTER!” She has done nothing but try to help every single soul that comes to her , here at BoL and otherwise , and for others to step in and try to judge every little word she offers is sad. And , to be quite honest , I do not see any of those folks’ channelings being offered here at BoL , so , why judge another’s loving offering when you put nothing of your own out here to be judged?
    Now , I am sure this post is going to cause some disagreement , which is exactly the opposite of what I want. What I DO want is for folks here to recognize all of Opal’s wonderful contributions , and stop feeling as if she is “picking on you”. And I also would love to see some of your channeled messages , if you have any to share , so that we may all see “the proper way to mention the darkness” without offending. I have had just about enough of watching Opal defend her words. She is probably not happy at me for writing this post , I bet , but I have always had a rough time shutting my own mouth up , as she will surely vouch for! 🙂
    Believe it or not , I DO send you ALL LOVE! Let’s try to be the brothers and sisters that Annu envisioned when she decided to create this site.
    Thanks for listening.
    Greg

jamwolfsky

Yes, I did feel the grip of authority in Alusa’s comment ” careful with those metaphors, they can mis-convey” 🙂 . But I was in a wait and see posture 😉 . The rest is learning to convey thoughts without imposing them on others…I think we are getting there. Maryann is much loved and she knows it 🙂 …..

Ricky

@GTTOWNSEND wrote:

Believe it or not , I DO send you ALL LOVE! Let’s try to be the brothers and sisters that Annu envisioned when she decided to create this site.

I am not one for hippy sentiment, and i truly do not throw love and light around like its going out of fashion, but when i do, it comes from the heart, so i thank you for the love… i felt that.

@GTTOWNSEND wrote:

We are here because we DONT have to watch what we say , as one does on most other forums

Well i have to say this is the first “spiritual” forum that i’ve ever felt relatively comfortable in and not full of too many people being blinded by their own light, this is a testament to you all.. ( i hope that did’nt put the kiss of death on it )

This has been a great thread and i have seriously considered what has been said, but even brothers and sisters must fight…. to get to the light! *groans* i’m off to be sick now…. 😆

Thank you guys, you lot are well clever at typing words that explain !

UFOBelieve

Dear Opal,
    I’m deeply impressed how you / your friends / the universe manage to make this messages so extremely fitting. 80 if not 90% of them fit one of the big topics I am busy with at the moment I find them.
    You are just wonderful. Much Love to you / your friends / the universe. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.